* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Rock!

It was our 3rd Wedding Anniversary on 23rd June 2010.

In my earlier post on 27 Oct 09, Till Death Do Us Part, I shared about our love story - how we knew each other, how our relationship progressed & how our relationship has mature and change over the years.

As our relationship matures, so had many other things change, e.g. family values, financial commitments, lifestyles. But one thing never change, and that is the unwavering love & support James has for me.

The past one year was a very tough period in my life. In the past entries of my blog, I had shared about my pregnancy complications, post-natal blues, & my brother's medical condition. All these happened one right after another, never offering me the luxury of time to "cool down" & "get over" them. As strong as I appeared to be, unknowingly to everyone, there was a period of time I did broke down.

When my brother fell very critically ill, 3 of my siblings & I would take turns keeping vigilance at my brother's bed 24-7 for about 3 weeks. Some days, I spent a straight 12-18 hours there. James would stay with me at the hospital, even if it meant night shifts for us in an extremely cold ward & sitting still for the whole night on a hard chair besides the bed. Every day, we reached home exhausted, physically & emotionally drained.

I was like a zombie once I reached home. I would head straight to the sofa, lie down there & cry & cry & cry. Sometimes, I cried until there's no more tears & I finally dozed off on the sofa. As always, he would be the "quiet rock" in my life. He would just sit quietly besides me & wait - to carry me to bed after I had dozed off.

He stood in the gap for both our own & extended family. He ran the errands my extended family needed.

He took care of Charis & was both daddy & "mummy" to her when I was too tired to take care of her, spend time with her & played with her then.

I was incapable of working or even performing simple household chores. He took on the role of "Maria" uncomplaining.

As I was emotionally burnt-out, I would throw my temper at him for the simplest things (or "mistakes") my mother-in-law did. And he simply took it all without throwing them back at me when he so undeserves it.

This "rock" didn't wavers in his love for me.

This "rock" held my family together.


I love this "rock" for simply being "rock".

No comments: