* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Finally at Clarke Quay TCC

James & me went to TCC cafe at Clarke Quay last Thursday. I had been wanting to go there since the last time we missed it. We spend almost 2 hours chatting there, since he just came back this afternoon & we have lots to catch up on.

After I placed my order of chicken and turkey lasagna, the waiter mumbled something so inaudible that I have to ask him to repeat a few times. Finally, I heard something like "more chicken?", and I thought he meant more chicken over turkey, so I said yes. After James ordered spaghetti, the waiter asked "salmon?" Again, he was mumbling, and he has to repeat a few times before we can catch what he was saying.

Although he was mumbling and speaking so softly, we were very sure that he didn't mention anything about prices. When we were presented the bill, we saw that we were being charged for the chicken and salmon, so we told the second waiter who presented us the bill. He then went to check with the first waiter. When he returned, he said the first waiter is having his dinner so he can't come personally to clarify, and he could not remember our conversation. But he offered to pay us back the additional $7 from his own pocket. James and me declined the offer since we felt we have already consumed the food, and this $7 is probably his entire hour's pay. To appreciate us, the second waiter gave us lifetime free membership to TCC that entitles us discounts. Well, that at least make up something for it, but do be careful the next time another waiter tries to mumble something...

After dinner, we had dessert at the foodcourt at Central. After months of temptation, I finally gave in and ate my favourite honeydew sago! James said I really seem to be enjoying eating it. Of course! Haha!

We also bought some mini-grapes! They looks so cute! They didn't taste as good as my favourite seedless black grapes, but eating them makes me happy cause they just looks so cute! :)

No comments: