* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Singapore is Ridiculously Expensive!

My brother has been staying in the hospital for about 36 days now. To date, his hospital bill is $9,793.43! And in case you are thinking he is staying in A Ward... no... he's staying in C Ward. Even the medical social worker was stunned when I told her the bill amount. She even asked me how come it is so expensive when he's already staying in C Ward? The bill is still adding on as my brother won't be discharged so soon.
Another bomb dropped on us yesterday. My brother will have to stay in Ang Mo Kio Community Hospital for rehabilitation. The nurses & doctor could not tell us exactly how long he needs to stay there. They can only say he will need to stay there for quite a period of time, & the medical social worker told me that the average monthly bill is $3,800+!
2 big bombs! What is going to happen to all those poor folks? Folks who are so poor they can't even afford to buy insurance or have no medisave?? My brother's insurance does not cover community hospital (even though I had persuaded him since long time ago to purchase such insurance...), hence it would really be a financial strain on my family.

Singapore is Ridiculously Expensive!

No comments: