* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Friday, April 2, 2010

Hippy Mum!

I spent 5 hours at Toni & Guy last Friday just to color my hair! While Jackie worked on my hair, I drank a pot of brewed coffee & a cuppa green tea, read through 3 magazines & a book, had 3 shampoos, 3 hair blows, etc. Shampoo time is my favourite because I can get nice head massage! She applied 6 colors on my hair - blue, purple, pink, red, brown & blonde. But they remove the blonde color in the end because I just can never carry that color well. Blonde always made me looks pale & tired. So I am like carrying a little peacock on my head now.. Haha!

David Mercer, director of Toni & Guy who charges $220 for a haircut, was not well & couldn't turn up for the show on that day. In case you do not know, I am a hair model for David & does modelling show for him when he requires. In return, I'll get unlimited free hair cuts, colors, treatments, & some $ too! Whenever I want to have a hair cut or color, all I have to do is to book an appointment with him at the saloon, & that saves me thousands of dollars for the past 8 years! James is most grateful for that. I'd been modelling for him for 8 years now... since my Uni days. He has seen me through my Uni days, marriage, & now motherhood. Getting too old for this "business"...

A Korean lady named Joshua cut my hair for the show instead. Yes, she's named JOSHUA. It is the first time someone else (besides David) ever cut my hair & she's new in T&G, & that made me real nervous. I was worried she doesn't know which style suits me most & the new hair cut will make me look & feel ugly. But the models I was chatting with kept assuring me that she's a very nice lady.

As she was cutting my hair, I noticed she wore a cross pendant on her necklace. Reminds me of my previous blog & the nice comments I heard about her from other model. Another testimony & angel. We chatted. I had a very strong 6th sense (or prob common sense?) that she's from Pst Yonggi Cho's church. Put a Korean from Seoul & a christian together & I came to that conclusion. Turn out she's now attending the same church as me! God-coincidence! Another person shining in the marketplace. Anyway, I love my new look! :D

Taken on the day after my hair cut by Joshua. A fresh new look. Something different from my usual hairstyle. Somehow more "Korean flavoured". The haircut & color would easily costs more than $500 but I had them free! So blessed!

Side profile. Some of the colors were either not reflected by the camera or hidden. Supposedly to have purple, blue, pink, red, & brown colours.

My new hairstyle without any styling. *Notice my new cross pendant too ;)*

No comments: