* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Friday, July 16, 2010

H.U.M.A.N.L.Y. Beautiful

Now that I'm a mummy, I find my time so stretched. Have to juggle work, spending time with Charis & hubby, visit in-laws & mummy, attend church cell group meeting & service, do housework, sleep, etc.

My secret in being able to squeeze them in a fixed short 24 hours day:
1. Skip meals, especially breakfast & lunch
2. Sleep late & wake up early
3. Wake up in the middle of the night to work
4. Being accepting of eye bags & dark eye rings
5. Accumulating housework
6. Sacrifice tea breaks, shopping, tv, movies, etc.

A few days back, some children were playing along the corridor at my lift lobby. Without wearing any make up, I approached the lift lobby to go down to the coffee shop to buy lunch.

One of the kids saw me. He immediately u-turn & ran back to his friends screaming... "ZOMBIE"!!!

...

"Z.O.M.B.I.E."???!!! Argh!!!

Self-esteem crashed!

Big time!!!

I still want to look like 18 years old! Ok, I know that’s not possible, but at least age with grace?

I must retain this look...

...This look before I am married... This look before I am a mummy... People says that a woman stopped looking good after marriage because she stopped bothering to dress up anymore since she's hitched. And when the kids come along, she gets promoted from a hag to an old hag.

I am still a vain pot. I still like to look good. I still like to wear nice clothes, nice shoes, nice makeup & carry nice bags. But I must not be lazy.

I need to soak myself with facial masks, eye gels, serum, moisturer, SK-II & continue the ritual of eating bird nest which I have stopped for the past 11 months. I need to learn to be faithful in even such little things.

I like Twilight, but it doesn't mean I want to be one of them. The last time I checked, James is not Edward. I don't need to turn myself into a zombie.

I want to be human.

Humanly beautiful.

No comments: