* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Farewell Zhen!

My friend, Lizhen, left to pursue her studies overseas this morning. There are some people who "leave" your life temporary & you'll never miss their presence, but there are some who may leave for even a short time & they'll leave a "gap". Zhen belongs to the latter.

She cares for the people around her, and always offer them kind words. We weren't very close friends, but she made the effort to visit my brother in hospital. She had been a friend not just in word, but in deed.

She has been the birthday coordinator for my cell group for so many donkey years, but she never once complained about her job description nor did she ever grow sick of doing it. That's her "faithful in little things" attitude.

In JAMs, she remains a faithful worker, but more than that, it's her love & passion for the students that makes her unique. Over the years, I have seen many workers grown weary or burnt out from serving in the ministry. To "recuperate/recharge", many took ministry leave, but many also did not return. I remembered she also took a break some years ago, but not only did she return, she came back with power! Being dedicated to organizing a dance party event, she impressed me with her eye for details.

She has a gentle spirit, yet she is spirited & passionate about the things she does. She is not just a physiotherapist to her clients, but also a friend to them. Today, she has left to pursue a Masters in Physiotherapy, and I believe with her passion, she will soar far in her career.

Farewell Zhen, you will be missed by many! & see you next year!

No comments: