* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Universal Studios, Singapore

We gotten 2 free tickets to Universal Studios, Singapore, so off we went!

For those who had been to the one in Hollywood, USA, well, this Universal Studios pales off in comparison (big time!). If not for all those waiting time queuing for the rides, we'll probably finish the theme park in less than 1.5 hrs! Yes, that's how incredibly small the park is. Or for those who can't even be bothered to stroll slowly & enjoy the "scenic landscape", you'll probably finish walking the whole of the theme park in 30 mins!

Reasons why I really don't like Singapore so-awaited, famously talked-about, theme park:

1. The theme park like I said earlier, is just so small in size, which translates to limited themes & rides in the park.

2. There were many rides still closed due to work in progress.
I never even gotten to sit in the infamous roller coaster because it was still uncompleted!!! Why then did the organizer even bother to open the theme park when it is still so un...completed???!!! Almost all the rides in Jurassic Park Theme Park even failed or broke down at one point... Felt so cheated because the not-so-cheap tickets should at least entitle me to ALL the rides!

3. The crowd size was crazily huge!!!
I thought there's a controlled number of tickets issued per day, so the crowd shouldn't be too bad... but I was SoOoOo wrong! It's P.E.O.P.L.E everywhere we go!!! We ended up spending at least 30 mins queuing for most rides, & the worst was the Jurassic Park ride, which we wasted 2.5hrs queuing! They should change their name to Universal Studios Queue Park!

In States, there was no need for ticket control, but the crowd size was still manageable. So has Singapore's ticket control system failed? Or were Singapore's Universal Studios too ambitious (or less politely & frankly, "greedy")?

My friends commented after seeing our photos taken in States that we seem to own the whole Universal Studios because there was just the 2 of us everywhere we took photos. In Singapore, we tried to take pictures with the icons in the theme park, but instead, we had people "appearing" in most of the photo backgrounds... how irritating!

I am sure by now you will be able to judge which of the below 3 pictures were taken in States & in Singapore. Hint: 1 in States, 2 in Singapore.

4. There were only a pitiful 6 Universal Studios Characters or mascots that day.
We saw at least 13 in Universal Studios, Hollywood.


I was also totally soaked, drenched, & dripping with water from a ride in Jurassic Park. The ride was quite fun (despite me queuing 2.5hrs for it), & I don't really mind getting wet, but I was really so wet that my clothes could never gotten dry even when I reached home 6 hours later at night. As a result... I caught a cold that lasted for the next few days.

Is Universal Studios, Singapore, really so bad? Well, maybe that's because I'd been to the one in Hollywood, & thus, I went this time with some expectations, but Singapore's standard had disappoint me greatly. James says I should try to manage my expecations. After all, Singapore's theme park is constrained by the island's size, hence the rides & parks are constrained equally. We're also paying $110/pax in States, while it only cost $70+ per ticket here. As the Chinese saying goes, "yi fen qian, yi fen huo".

But by the end of the day after queuing for that 2.5hrs ride, he changed his mind totally. He said the theme park tickets should only be worth $20+ at most. See, even a patient man loses his patience in Singapore's infamous theme park...

No comments: