* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Monday, August 25, 2008

SOT graduation celebration

It's SOT graduation weekend over the past weekend in church! I was so happy not because it was my graduation (I graduate in year 2005), but it was the graduation of some people I know, like Jinzhi and Qinsi. Of course there are many more others (imagine a batch of more than 600!), but the 2 of them are closer to my heart.

I'm really impressed by Jinzhi. He's still studying in SIM full-time, so I can imagine the stress he need to cope with in SOT... with all the assignments, reading, exams, preaching tests, etc.. & he still has to continue to perform well in SIM (which he did!). He nevers complains, but is full of energy, and is one positive brother. He's simply amazing! With his capacity, I'm sure he will do great things for God in future. Our cell group held a graduation celebration dinner especially for him at Tian Tian Steamboat.


The food quality is not bad, very clean, but not much variety though. For the first time, I ate very little in a steamboat. Not too sure if its the food that don't interest me, or I have no appetite because I ate too much at my mom's place earlier in the afternoon.

Qinsi is another sister whom I am very proud of. She went through so many parental objections to be a christian, so she must have gone through even more to go to SOT. Yet, she did what she is supposed to do despite her fears and the pressure around her. She lost her job in the midst of SOT, because her boss feels that the company would need a full-time employee instead. Imagine the sudden loss in income, especially when you need the income to support yourself through the SOT school fees, living expenses, parental allowances, etc. Looking at her petite size, one would think that she is very timid and low self-confident, but she proved everyone wrong. She held on to her strong convictions and faith in God. Many months passed, and even till her graduation, she still couldn't find a full-time job. Bad things do happen to good people, but it doesn't mean God doesn't care or is not real anymore. I believe that her faith, that has been tested and proven, will be honored by God. He never shortchanges, but is a rewarder of all good things.

No comments: