* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Memorable Birthday with Dear :)

James took leave on my birthday (2nd Dec) to spend time together & I had a most memorable day :) We started with lunch at Yotei Japanese Restaurant at Forum Shopping Mall, followed by exploring Botanic Gardens, & finally a romantic dinner at Jewel Box at Mount Faber.

Yotei Japanese Restaurant at Forum Shopping Mall

I highly recommend this place! The restaurant's image & cozy ambience gives the impression that the prices are pricey, but if you manage to catch their promotion, it's really value for money!

Promotion:
1. Lunch hour (12-2pm) - You can actually order a set meal at only $9-11. The set meal includes main course, 2 pieces of sushi, salad, dessert (I had tiramisu), & miso soup. It's probably cheaper than a lot of food court.
2. Tea break (2-5pm) - One-for-one sushi plate.
I believe there's dinner promotion too, but I didn't really check it out.

We paid only about $24 for 2 set meals, 4 plates of sushi, & 1 glass of coke. A pic of our 2 lunch sets.

I was so impressed with their service. A customer asked for serviettes as the restaurant only serves wet hand wipes. & the manager actually got his staff to go to Watsons (one storey below) to purchase tissue so they can offer to that customer. This gesture was unnecessarily, yet he choose to go the extra mile so that his diners can have a better dining experience.

I was also trying to take a couple shot of James & me. When he saw it, he came over & offer to take a picture for us. Very attentive :)

Thumbs up for their excellent service!

Singapore Botanic Gardens

The first & last time I visited this garden was 21 years ago! My gosh, it has changed so much!


I'm not someone who really appreciate trees, flowers, etc, but I really enjoyed myself thoroughly at the garden. I love the vast space & I love soaking in nature, far away from the city noise.



There were also 150 christmas trees being decorated by different corporations, schools, & community groups. Some of them were so creatively decorated!


Theme of boy & swordfish on "redhill" fable
Ikea
IMH

Jewel Box @ Mount Faber

People had been telling me how romantic this place is & it is my dream to dine here. James brought me here because it had been more than 2 years since we had a real romantic dinner at a fine dining restaurant, & he wanted to pamper me too.



We didn't know that there was a "snow" show & Xmas lights lit up show. Of course it wasn't real snow, just bubble foam, but it was still a beautiful sight to see them falling over me & over the city view. Then, there was also Asia's tallest Xmas tree!



I believe God showed up that night & gave me a most surprising, romantic & beautiful night. There was fireworks in the sky! I think Sentosa was having some event, & we can see the fireworks right at the peak of Mount Faber. I am probably standing at the best position to watch the fireworks! The snow was falling at the same time too, so I can see the fireworks through the snow! So beautiful! Only God can make this happen!

No comments: