* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Monday, September 29, 2008

Horty Fun! :D

JAMs went for an outing to Hort Park last Saturday. The weather was very hot, and everyone was perspiring. Sherman was very difficult to manage since he's so hyperactive, so I had a hard time "reigning" him. James came to help me with Sherman after I had a chase-and-run with him in the playground, and after he kicked so much sand all over me. I don't think my students really enjoyed themselves this time compared to the Bishan Park experience, because I doubt they really appreciate the flowers that much... Hee...









James decided to take leave on last Thursday to spend time together as he had been travelling a lot, and will be too in the coming months. In fact, the time he spent overseas is longer than the time he spent here in Singapore :'( sob sob "poor me"... We visited Hort Park again, but this time, we as we explored the trail walk instead.



It took us about 1.5 hours to finish walking from Alexandra to Mount Faber (exit at Harborfront Mrt). My favourite part is the Henderson Wave Bridge -- the highest overhead pedestrian bridge in Asia! To name it a overhead pedestrian bridge is an understatement though. It was a magnificient bridge! We really enjoyed ourselves as we soak ourselves in nature -- so rare in Singapore nowadays, so much so, we decided to come back again for a night trail walk! :D Sad to say, we didn't see any wild creatures, just some tortoises in a pond. I was hoping to see some monkeys actually, but guessed there's always next time ;)

No comments: