* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Little Angel

I'd created Baby Charis' blog a few weeks ago. It's titled "God's little angel", & she's our dearest angel too! :D Welcome to her blog http://www.iluvcharis.blogspot.com/


The first few days that we brought her home was pretty tough for me. I find it hard to accept the fact that I'm really a mummy now and that she's my girl. One moment, she was in my tummy; the next moment, she's alive and kicking. I feel helpless as a mummy because I don't really know how to take care of her. And the worst experience was breastfeeding. She simply won't suckle, and when she does, my nipples are sore from her suckling. As she won't suckle, I'll have to pump out the milk every 2-3 hours. It makes me so busy that I don't really have the time to rest although I know I'm supposed to be lying down in bed most of the times. Sitting down for long period of time pumping the milk also worsen my backaches, sometimes so severe that I'm not able to get up after sitting down. I think if I don't insist on breastfeeding, life would be so much easier... but for Charis' well-being... after all, all mummy are "wei da"!

However, I'm really grateful that Charis is an easy baby to take care. She has a very good temper and don't really cry much. Even when she does cry, she never wails. And she's easily comforted as well; just carry her for a while, talk to her and assure her, and voila! She's a happy baby! Even when she's not feeling well, she doesn't throw tantrums. Isn't she adorable? :D She just makes me fall in love with her more with each passing day! So, all the sacrifices are worth it. But till now, I still love James more than her! Heehee...

No comments: