* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Friday, December 26, 2008

How did you celebrate Xmas?

My sisters (Joanne & Serene), my brother-in-law (Desmond), my nephew (Zander) & my parents-in-law were at the Candlelight service at Expo on Christmas Eve. Christmas is a time when people are generally more open, but I was still surprised when so many of them turned up as per my invitation. Zander has been coming to church with me for some weeks now, & I really hope that through him, his parents will also begin to experience the love of God in church. It is their first time in a Candlelight service, hence making it more special for them. I love Candlelight service - always so magical & beautiful!

Imagine the beautiful sight when 10,000 of such candles being lit up inside a dark hall!

James & my parents-in-law

Magical moment :D

Not only did my Christmas wish come true when they joined me for Christmas service, but I was so happy when James can spend Christmas with me this year too. In all these years since we first met 7 years ago, we hardly get to spend Christmas or New Year together due to his work commitment. During this season, he's always in some other parts of the world. This coming New Year, he'll be away from Singapore too... *sob sob*, so guess I'll have to attend countdown with my sisters without him again.


On Christmas Day itself, my entire Toh clan came over to my house for a pot-luck lunch. I love my brother's prawns & chicken curry, so delicious! It is the first time my entire clan - 15 of us - came to my house together at the same time since I shifted to my new house, so it is very exciting for me. We enjoyed the time together, after all, I always do ;)

No comments: