* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Secondary School Gathering

I attended my Secondary 4 classmate reunion dinner 2 saturdays ago, & it was good to see old friends again. We kinda grew up together, some of them had even been in the same primary school & class as me too, so some of our friendship goes a long long way back. But as usual, the older we get, the busier we get, so we met lesser & lesser, till a gathering becomes an annual event. At first, I was quite reluctant to go. I was lazing around at home & I didn't feel like getting dressed to go out. What's more, I haven't seen some of them for at least 2 years since I missed last year's gathering too. So I was worried I would feel awkward as they might be so distant from me. However, there's this part of me undeniably still wanting to meet up my old friends.

Having dinner at Raffles City Shukudo.
Taking a picture while in the ladies!
I was so glad I turned up! I guessed friends whom you grow up with will always have a special place in your heart. When I reached, we immediately warmed up to each other again, & we never run out of topics to talk about. Even though we have all "grown up", have our seperate lives & thinking, yet, we still feel as comfortable among each other. Sometimes, there are some friendships that just will never change with time. It helps that Jeremy, Ivy and Jesslyn were sitting around me during dinner too, since they have always been closer to me. It's interesting how each of us have "grown up" & build our careers we never thought each other would venture into. E.g. Ivy was a bookworm, but now she's working as a purchaser in Loreal cosmestics; the cheeky Jeremy now in Air Force; & me always wanting to be a career woman, now as an insurance agent etc.

A quick snapshot as we walked past a Christmas tree.
After dinner, we drove to Dempsey Hill Ben & Jerry's. I love that place & I would love to bring James there one of these days. Jeremy sent me home in his cool cute-looking 2-seater convertible. We drove through Orchard Road, & having the Christmas lightings just right above me was amazing. They never look so beautiful before! He blazed the music loud, but thank God, he got a taste for good music. Everywhere we drove, heads turn to look at us. I used to think that people who drove a cool cute-looking 2-seater convertible are snobs & attention-seeking, but seating in one now makes me feels so "high" ;)


I'm surrounded with all guys! ;)
Now with all girls!

Pigging out at Ben & Jerry's.

Adeline used to study together with me for "O"s.

Jesslyn has been our organiser for all the gatherings.

Cheeky Jeremy, good friends ever!

No comments: