* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Self vs Friendship

Today, I was faced in a situation where I had to choose between self versus friendship. I chose... the latter.

My friends were being accused today. I can choose to remain silent & be spared from being entrapped into a whirlpool of politics. But if I had chosen the former, what difference am I from the one who accuses my friends? I chose to stand up for my friends.

Some people said I’m courageous, some may think I’m stupid. Yes, there are times in my life when loyalty does not pay. But it feels good to be doing the right thing, to have a good conscience.

When we first got attached, I once asked James what was the factor in me that attracts him. His reply was, “loyalty”. I haven’t change & I don’t wish to change. The only difference is that I have learnt to be loyal to the right people.

No man’s an island.

No one can say that they don’t need friends. Because the day they realize they do, it is often too late.

No comments: