* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Friday, October 2, 2009

Yes, I cried...

Charis had been crying every night since Monday for at least 3 hours nightly, & she doesn't just cry, she wails. We don't know what else to do except to keep carrying her to comfort her, but she just couldn't stop wailing her lungs out. I felt so heart pain for her when I see her in so much distress, but I also couldn't help myself from feeling frustrated at her. I thought she was being difficult & was throwing tantrums.

On Tuesday night, her stools were liquid & green in colour! We got such a terrible shock. Meanwhile, her wailing gotten worse. She also began to demand a lot of attention & need me to constantly carry her, sometimes for hours. Once I put her down on her cot, she would began another screaming round. By Wednesday afternoon, I was so exhausted that my patience ran out. As she began her rounds of crying, I also started to cry. The moment I cried, she immediately grew very silent & looked at me intently while in my arms. I think somehow she could sense that I was sad & unhappy.
On Thursday, her stools were liquid again. This time, it was more green than ever. I immediately brought her to her doctor & realised she had colic. Now I began to understand that she was not trying to be difficult or throwing tantrum, but she was behaving like that because she was feeling so uncomfortable.
I cancelled all my remaining appointments for the rest of the week since Wednesday so that I can look after her personally. It is so exhausting taking care of a baby. My whole day is so easily occupied by her. Working life has become so much simpler. Although I yearn for a break & is tempted to leave her at my sister's house, yet I can't put my ease especially when she is sick. But I really need a break soon... probably next week once she's feeling better.

No comments: