* my beautiful world *

Where my life journeys get more beautiful each day because of all the special people and unique experiences in my life...

Friday, October 16, 2009

I Re-Found My Purpose In My Job

How would you feel if you wake up one day to find that you have lost the feel & use of your left arm entirely?

How would you feel if your head is aching severely everyday & painkillers no longer works?

How would you feel if you wake up in a hospital bed & not knowing how long more do you need to stay there?

How would you feel if the doctor tell you that he found something in your brain & he need to do a brain surgery on you to take some specimen out for further laboratory testing before determining the next course of treatment?

How would you feel if you are just 41 years old & has been very healthy & suddenly, you have to go through all these?

That's what happened to my brother... Life is so unpredictable...

I'm glad I got him to buy an insurance plan just last year. Although his plan does not have a very high coverage due to his budget constraint (he doesn't earn a lot of income), yet it does provide some relief to him & my family. One of the first questions he asked besides his condition is about his insurance. Now I can finally comprehend how my clients & their family had & could felt in times like this.

I'm so glad that I'm an insurance agent & I have helped many families. It has inspires me to out there in the highways to reach out to more clients to protect them. Whoever says all insurance agents ever want is their money? Yes, undeniably, I want their money because it is my bread & butter. But I want their money too so that they can have the money needed when they need it the most.

After 5 years in AIA, I have lost my directions many times, especially these 2 years. I'm tired of being in a rat race of chasing after awards & incentives year after year. My colleague once made a remark, "Is my life all about targets?" I'm not someone who pursue after materialistic living, so money is no longer an incentive to me for my job. This year, I didn't even bother to appear for the photo shoot or turn up for the awards presentation.Yet, when I was doing the claim for my brother, it reminded me of the very reason why I had chosen this career. Sometimes, pursuing after awards & incentives are not necessarily bad, especially for my job. It just means I have helped even more people that year. I need to change my complacent attitude.

Year 2006 - Shining Star Award







Year 2007 - Million Dollar Club Award




Year 2008 - Shining Star Award (this year's photo shoot is missing as I didn't turn up for the awards presentation)









Year 2008 - Qualify for Convention to an all-paid expenses trip to Osaka

Have I worked enough recently? Could I have done more for more people?

No comments: